School of Rock Licence & Materials Fees

The licence terms & fees below apply to amateur UK & Eire requests. 

For professional organisations and countries outside the UK & Eire, please contact your local licensing agent for more information on availability and pricing. Find your local licensing agent using the Show Licensing Around The World tool below.

View Draft Licence - Academic Schools

View Draft Licence - Amateur & Youth Groups

School Productions

Musicians in Pit

Please note that whilst on stage performers should be no more than 18 years of age, we can permit the use of musicians in the pit aged over 18.

Licence, Logo & Downloadable Music Materials (band parts or backing tracks)

Package Fee: £400 + VAT 

The full set of watermarked music materials for either the backing track version or the live 7-piece orchestration (plus 5 on-stage instruments) will be available to download once you have obtained a licence and paid the package fee. Please contact Becky Shields  (; Phone:+44 (0)20 3475 7923) to access these materials once you have obtained a licence .

Hardcopy Music Materials

If you wish to hire hardcopy materials instead, these are available to hire at an additional cost from the Wise Music Hire Library (

View full hire tariffs for hard copy materials here.

Amateur Productions

Licence Fees

School of Rock is licensed in the UK & Eire in exchange for a royalty of 15% of actual / estimated box office takings OR £100 + VAT per performance, whichever is the greater. Where the fee is based on actual box office takings, an advance will be required upon booking.

Artwork Fees

£75 + VAT 

Music Materials Fees 

7-piece Orchestration (plus 5 on-stage instruments) - Min. Rental fee £500 + postage 

View hire tariffs

For Groups in UK & Eire you will be entitled to hire music scores and parts from the Wise Music Hire Library ( once you have obtained your performance licence.

You must order your materials at least 2 weeks before they are required to allow time for the order to be processed and delivered. 

For countries outside the UK & Eire, the agency through whom you obtained the licence will be able to advise you with regards to music materials.

Login / Register to apply & obtain a free quote


WordPress Video Lightbox Plugin